To My Children,
1. Never shake a man’s hand sitting down.
2. Don’t enter a pool by the stairs.
3. You don’t need drugs or alcohol to make you cool. You are what you believe you are!
4. In a negotiation, always ask, “How can I do that?”
5. Request the late check-out.
6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
7. Hold your heroes to a higher standard.
8. Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.
9. Play with passion or not at all!
10. When shaking hands, grip firmly and look them in the eye.
11. Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.
12. Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
13. Experience the serenity of traveling alone.
14. Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl/guy in the room.
15. Never turn down a breath mint.
16. A sport coat or dress is worth 1000 words.
—No one has ever missed an opportunity being over-dressed.
17. Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
18. Thank a veteran. Then make it up to him.
19. Eat lunch with the new kid.
20. After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
21. Ask your mom to play board games. She won’t let you win.
22. Manners maketh the man.
23. Give credit. Take the blame.
24. Stand up to Bullies. Protect those bullied.
25. Write down your dreams.
26. Always protect your siblings
27. Be confident and humble at the same time.
28. When you get out on your own, be sure and visit as I love you and want to see you as often as your time will allow.
29. Be Positive no matter what!